- It provides hygienic, antibacterial and anti-dust surroundings.
- It is easy to clean.
- It has very high mechanical and chemical durability.
- It is resistant to heavy traffic and heavy impacts.
- It is impermeable.
- It is compact and colors can be added.
- Its application is quick and easy to repair.
- It is antistatic. (some types)
- It has electrical resistivity.
It is more resistant than other systems such as polyurethane, methylmethacrylate that are known for their chemical resistance. It displays excellent resistance against alkaline environments, inorganic acids, dilute organic acids, animal and mineral oils, wine, salt water, waste water, petroleum, gasoline, jet fuel, alcohol and so forth.
Technologically new epoxy coatings are now more rapidly cured, therefore the waiting period in facilities where it is manufactured is reduced, thus minimizing the loss of production during the application.
Another feature of epoxy systems is their electrical resistivity. This feature makes them perfectly resistant to high electrical tension. Different type of epoxy coat is used in antistatic flooring where electrical conductivity is favored.
Epoxy systems are jointless. They can be applied in compact form in desired coverage. This features makes the coating hygienic. It is ideal for antibacterial surfaces to be shiny and smooth.
In terms of environmental standards, ISO 14001 in particular, epoxy systems are impermeable and they are quality material.